The training of Process Owners and ISO Champions was conducted on Wednesday, 11th May 2022 at Charter Hall from 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. The training was organized by the Quality & Information Security Management Representative (QISMR) in an effort to refresh process owners and ISO Champions on ISO processes and sharpen skills required in the implementation of ISO 9001:2015(QMS) and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 (ISMS) in the University.
The QISMR, Prof. Kiplagat Kotut, officially opened the training. In his opening remarks he welcomed the participants and highlighted that the training covers some of the areas of weakness identified during the surveillance audits and the 4th Internal audit and are necessary for continued improvement.
The facilitators were internally sourced, namely;
- Esther Arunga - Director, DAQA
- Purity Chege - Head of Procurement
- Francis Ngure - Head of Internal Audit
- Richard Muthakia - Head of Senate Affairs
- Caroline Ndiri - Senior Admin Assistant, PC&ISO
The following topics were covered;
- Setting of QMS & IS Objectives
- Risk Management; Risk Assessment and Risk Treatment, and Monitoring and Evaluation of risk registers
- Monitoring Measurement Analysis & Evaluation
- Root Cause Analysis
- Reporting of information Security incidences Information
The training was undertaken as per the programme and was attended by Eighty Seven (87) members of staff.