Corporate Affairs Section which is domiciled in the office of the Vice-Chancellor, was created to help tell the story of the University of Embu to the rest of the world. It is the vision of the Vice-Chancellor that the University of Embu becomes a preferred University of choice in Kenya and beyond. To accomplish this task, the Corporate Affairs office builds trust and strong relationships with diverse stakeholders for mutual support by arraying various communication and marketing strategies to promote the unique vision, mission, programs, and activities of the University.
The environment in which the University operates has become increasingly dynamic, competitive and unpredictable. The Corporate Affairs office, therefore, aims at enhancing the institutional image by building a strong corporate culture, identity, and reputation that will open more business opportunities, attract more students and highly qualified staff, and enrich corporate support for the University.
As the image and corporate brand promoter of the University, the office maps strategic trails for cultivating and building an internal and external wave of goodwill and positive image for the University in line with the University’s vision. The University is committed to building its reputation as a world-class dynamic epicenter of excellence in the face of the emerging challenges. The University has shown a lot of strength and resilience in adapting to the changes in the corporate environment and I have a strong belief that together we can transform the Institution into a self-sustaining world-class University that is committed to excellence in training and research for service to humanity.
The Department is made up of highly qualified and experienced professionals with diverse skills and backgrounds. The role of the Corporate Affairs Office includes:-
- Promoting the image and reputation of the University.
- Providing leadership in internal and external communication.
- Providing leadership and support to the University’s corporate functions.
- Promoting and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with both National and County Governments and corporate organizations.
- Promoting change and innovation through timely response to the needs of the University community.
- Facilitating protocol services at the Chancellor and the Vice-Chancellor’s office.
- Co-ordinating institutional policies development and administrative matters.
Mrs. Margaret K. Otolo
Registrar, Vice-Chancellor's Office.